Saturday 9 June 2012

I look like I make homemade muesli...

{Outfit of the day photo}
Turquoise knit dress purchased in St Paddy's Markets Sydney last month.
Baby alpaca green scarf with baubles kindly on loan from my sister.

Muesli
Sick of the crap in the cereal aisle at the supermarket, I thought it time to make my own muesli..
My cousin in London made this muesli for me whilst I stayed with her, and I inhaled it.

Dabble with the quantities as much to your liking as you like (:

(recipe)
2 cups of rolled oats
1/3 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup chopped sunflower seeds
1/4 cup smashed almonds
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup diced apricots
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup rice bran oil
3 tablespoons runny honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon 

Heat oven to 180c. Use a roasting pan to bake oats, add each dry ingredient (except the fruit and coconut) as you smash, chop and hack at them. Turn the muesli each time you add a new ingredient. 
Melt honey, cinnamon and oil together in a saucepan. Add the warm honey mixture in quantities alternating each time you add a new dry ingredient. 
Once all the dry ingredients have been added and turned, add the coconut for the last five minutes of cooking so it doesn't' burn. Remove from oven and add diced apricots and sultanas.

Makes 2 litres.


Budgie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment