Sunday 11 December 2011

Paint Pots


Paint Pots are by M.A.C. and are definitely in my all time favourite make up products. 
They are a pre-base to eyeshadow and make your makeup last the distance. Paint pots are coloured, but mostly are nude or neutral colours. Even the nude bases, can be built on to make dark, smokey eyes.

The paint pots stop the makeup creasing over the duration of the day, stop oiliness and generally make a better job of blending colours into the lid and into each other.





L- R    Let's Skate,  Painterly, Indianwood, Groundwork


Let's Skate is from M.A.C.'s 2011/12 Holiday Collection, a lovely whitish pink, with gold sparkle rather than glitter. Great for the holiday/Christmas time.
Painterly is a staple. Definitely one to start you off in the right direction for paintpot newbies. I wear this one most days under my eyeshadow in summer to stop my colours smudging/running together. It is matte in application so perfectable blendable with all neutral colours.
Indianwood is more of an occasional wear. I love to team this with a teal eyeliner and Woodwinked eyeshadow. It has a beautiful, metallic, bronze shimmer to it.
Groundwork is another staple. More suited on my skintone in winter when is shows up a muddy matte brown.




Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow




Benefit is only able to be purchased in Australia, which I racked up my credit card considerably when I was there last April.


Creaseless creams work the same as Paint Pots. These two have more simmer though. Birthday Suit is similiar to M.A.C's Bare Study and R.S.V.P. similar to Rubenesque but not so peachy.


They have beautiful lids too. 


Skinny Jeans is suppose to be a great grey/neutral base but I have yet to find one and have heard it was discontinued early in the South Pacific.


Happy Painting!


Budgie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment